Much like the Rebel heroes in the campaign, the Imperial player will earn experience points that can be used to earn new abilities, unit attachments, and skills for his army. During the setup for a campaign the Imperial player will choose an Imperial class that he will use for the remainder of the campaign. Experience points may be spent during the Imperial upgrade phase in between missions, after the Rebel upgrade phase has concluded. Most campaign missions will award the Imperial player with at least 1 exp. point at the conclusion of the mission, though certain missions may award more for specific outcomes. Experience cards range from upgrades to specific units, to upgrades to the Imperial army as a whole, to new abilities that can be played during missions.
The Classes Edit
Though each Imperial class has a unique theme, there are certain features that are always the same:
- Each class deck comes with 9 class cards with the following costs:
- Free Starter (1x), 1 exp. (2x), 2 exp. (2x), 3 exp. (2x), 4 exp. (2x).
- Each class deck has a particular theme that favors specific tactics and strategy
- Class decks cannot be mixed
- The cards can be purchased in any order the Imperial player desires
The core game comes with 3 classes for the Imperial player to choose from. Additional classes will be added for campaign use packaged with the future expansion packs. Each class' theme generally favors specific types of units and/or specific tactics (e.g. Subversive Tactics has several cards that focus on applying strain to Rebel heroes).